Monday, November 12, 2007

CBS Millenials - on 60 Minutes

Check it out - What do you think? The Millenials Are Coming... A new generation wave is coming.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/08/60minutes/main3475200.shtml?source=mostpop_story

Here's my opinion

I think there are a variety of dynamics at play here which will make it a lively topic for a long time. As you know - the attitudes towards the Gen Y profile comes from many lenses and causes - contribution from corporate america, from parents, media, society, economic, and from the influence of the peer groups from all generations - most importantly from each own. And in each perspective we sit - it truly depends on what the Gen Y individual learned in their own cycle of influence.

Since these dynamics have an effect on everyone, we are at the dawn of a dramatic and historic moment of transition - something that has a long term impact on competitiveness, innovation, and leadership in America. Add in the Cultural dynamics in the US - you have a intersection of a shift Generational momentum and cultural momentum - its a multi-dimensional issue. Question here is what direction is the momentum?

I am a boomer dad and I have 4 Gen Y Children - all born between 1980 and 2000. I think I can judge what has been done right and what has been done wrong. Through their friends and environment - I notice people that have a work ethic and those that don't. I see those that feel entitled and those that have gratitude. I see many without visible depth in relationship skills, communication skills, and maybe a lack of autheticity. I guess I could say this for all generations and maybe its a judgement. But it comes down to your experience, your influences, and what challenges you are facing along the way.

Maybe this is an example of the true Drama Triangle in development. We have the Victims, the Persecutors, and the Rescuers. In any role - parent child, or the other (environment,corporate, society in general) - we can sit in each of these seats. Whether we do or are willing to - is a whole other question. Can all generations start by appreciating the differences? - those that can will lead this through the chasm.

So its not a matter of blame - we were ALL products of our previous generation, socio-economic conditions, the environment, the media, and our peers. We cannot blame - We cannot take the blame - We must step into cooperation, understanding, and be a leader based society to push forward towards understanding, respect, appreciation of all terrain views of the world, be ready to change and adjust our overall acceptance model. How do you eat an elephant?

Bottom-line - its easy to point to the next generation and say its not as good as ours - its easy to point and make judgements and its easy to vote based on your own view of your own world - the bottom line is we live in a narrow view society and the first step is appreciation that the differences are valuable and something we need to adjust. Its up to every generation to set us up for the future. I think every one has a Vital Imprint to leave.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://jywameso.freecities.com/ucydane.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://cuferenuq.easyfreehosting.com/ziwegiry.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

nifty rotic stories said...

Thenthe owner takes a walkman stereo and puts the headphones over my wifeshead. I knew she was leaving but it worked right into my plans.
free gay first time stories
xnxx.com free sex stories
her first time stories
adult gay animal sex stories
fuck stories free
Thenthe owner takes a walkman stereo and puts the headphones over my wifeshead. I knew she was leaving but it worked right into my plans.

free incest brother sister taboo stories said...

A guard on the roof. I remember my eighteenth birthday prettywell the mayor and I had partied the whole night.
gay emo sex stories
abduction bdsm stories
free first time threesome stories
literotic lesbian stories
frree adult sex stories
A guard on the roof. I remember my eighteenth birthday prettywell the mayor and I had partied the whole night.